Trevali is a zinc-focused base metals development company with active operations in Canada and Peru.
In Peru, the Company is nearing production at its Santander zinc-lead-silver mine where commissioning is scheduled to commence in Q1-2013 with subsequent ramp up to full 2,000-tonnes-per-day production.
In Canada, Trevali owns the Caribou mine and mill, Halfmile mine and Stratmat polymetallic deposit all located in the Bathurst Mining Camp of northern New Brunswick. Initial trial production from the Halfmile mine was successfully undertaken in 2012 and the Company anticipates commencing operations at its 3,000-tonne-per-day Caribou Mill Complex in late-2013.
The Company also holds the past-producing Ruttan copper-zinc mine in northern Manitoba and the former-producing Huampar silver mine in Peru. Additionally through its wholly-owned subsidiary Trevali Renewable Energy Inc., Trevali plans to undertake a significant upgrade of its wholly-owned Tingo run-of-river hydroelectric generating facility to allow, in addition to supplying power to the Santander mining operation, the potential sale of surplus power into the Peruvian National Energy Grid.
All of the Company's deposits remain open for expansion.
Become a leading Mineral Development Company, supported by a culture of teamwork, innovation and integrity.
Strategy for Enhanced Corporate Performance:
- Achieve Mid-Tier Mining Company status through a combination of organic growth and innovative deals and strategic alliances
- Create and enhance shareholder value through mineral deposit discovery
- Focus exploration activities in highly prospective, under-explored terrain in countries and regions that offer security of tenure and support mineral deposit development
- Achieve first-mover status by utilizing a proven exploration strategy that relies on a robust pipeline of quality projects linked to early drilling driven evaluations
- Provide a safe working environment
- Protect the environment through a responsible operating philosophy
- Respect cultural values and differences
- Support local communities
- Maintain and continuously improve our proactive Environmental Management System
- Industry leading Health and Safety Management System based upon our experience in international mining houses
- Create a safety-oriented culture
- Provide ongoing training in occupational health and safety
- Expert knowledge of local cultures and sensitivities
- Adhering to and surpassing all the laws and regulations applicable to the Company's activities
- Be a good steward of the land and respect the values and interests of the people and communities in the regions in which we work