Trevali is a zinc-focused base metals mining company with operations in Peru and Canada.
In Peru, the Company is actively operating its wholly-owned Santander underground zinc-lead-silver mine and 2,000-tonne-per-day metallurgical plant, and producing zinc and lead-silver concentrates.
In Canada, Trevali owns the Caribou mine and mill, Halfmile mine and Stratmat polymetallic deposit all located in the Bathurst Mining Camp of northern New Brunswick. Initial trial production from the Halfmile underground mine was successfully undertaken in 2012 and the Company anticipates commencing operations at its 3,000-tonne-per-day Caribou Mill Complex in early 2015.
All of the Company's deposits remain open for expansion.
Become a leading Mineral Development Company, supported by a culture of teamwork, innovation and integrity.
Strategy for Enhanced Corporate Performance:
- Achieve Mid-Tier Mining Company status through a combination of organic growth and innovative deals and strategic alliances
- Create and enhance shareholder value through mineral deposit discovery
- Focus exploration activities in highly prospective, under-explored terrain in countries and regions that offer security of tenure and support mineral deposit development
- Achieve first-mover status by utilizing a proven exploration strategy that relies on a robust pipeline of quality projects linked to early drilling driven evaluations
- Provide a safe working environment
- Protect the environment through a responsible operating philosophy
- Respect cultural values and differences
- Support local communities
- Maintain and continuously improve our proactive Environmental Management System
- Industry leading Health and Safety Management System based upon our experience in international mining houses
- Create a safety-oriented culture
- Provide ongoing training in occupational health and safety
- Expert knowledge of local cultures and sensitivities
- Adhering to and surpassing all the laws and regulations applicable to the Company's activities
- Be a good steward of the land and respect the values and interests of the people and communities in the regions in which we work